We believe that animals are sentient beings and we are committed to the highest standards of animal welfare.
- Free trade agreements will require trade in animal-derived products to adhere to equivalent standards as UK animal welfare laws.
- Financial support for UK agriculture will incentivise and reward farmers whose production systems adhere to higher welfare standards.
- Species-specific limits will be introduced on maximum journey times and travel conditions for all farm animals.
- The quantity of meat slaughtered under the Religious Exemption shall not exceed UK domestic demand.
- Export of meat killed by non-stun slaughter methods is to be banned and the Import of non-stun slaughter meat will also be banned unless the country of origin has equivalent animal welfare standards to the UK.
- All meat product sold in the UK shall include clear labelling regarding the method of slaughter. Labelling to be clear if the meat is Halal or Kosher.
- Abattoir inspections shall be increased and tougher sentencing will be introduced for individuals found to be mistreating animals.
- Increase funding directed towards developing and validating humane alternatives to animal experimentation.
- The use of wild animals in circuses will be banned.