We believe that animals are sentient beings and we are committed to the highest standards of animal welfare.
- Free trade agreements will require trade in animal-derived products to adhere to equivalent standards as UK animal welfare laws.
- Financial support for UK agriculture will incentivise and reward farmers whose production systems adhere to higher welfare standards.
- Species-specific limits will be introduced on maximum journey times and travel conditions for all farm animals.
- A ban will be applied on the use of non–stun slaughter as requested by the British Veterinary Association and RSPCA.
- Increase funding directed towards developing and validating humane alternatives to animal experimentation.
- The use of wild animals in circuses will be banned.