We will increase spending for mental health services and establish a National Care Service to better organise social care.
- The NHS, free at the point of need, must remain the bedrock of healthcare in our country. We reject suggestions that it is not sustainable long-term.
- The share of national income spent on the NHS over future parliamentary terms shall be increased.
- Funding for mental health services shall be increased as a share of overall NHS spending over future parliamentary terms for so long as the growing incidence of mental illness justifies this.
- A National Care Service (NCS) shall be established to organise social care and fund it once a recipient has reached an agreed ceiling for their own financial contributions.
- National Insurance ID Cards will be issued to all citizens to help ensure that health services are provided for those who are entitled to them.
- Counsellors and Psychotherapists will be regulated by a General Counselling and Psychotherapy Council in the same manner as other professions regulated by General Councils.